Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on a 2014 570 and am debating the extra cost for the power steering. Any thoughts? Advice?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I got mine with out. I'm a big guy so I didn't feel it was necessary. Save the extra money for winch or bags

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Get the power Steering. If you don't and decide you want it, you can get an aftermarket kit.
PS is very nice. I added it and I will never go back. Test driving for 15 or 30 minutes will not give you a good idea of what it is like. A day of riding "tight" technical trails will.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would rather have the OEM power steering than the aftermarket. Myself, I would get the factory installed EPS and then save up for other add on goodies. I came came from no power steering on my sold ATV to my 2012 Touring with EPS and I would never ever buy without EPS.
The less work I have to do on the trail the better. It is just too good to pass up.....

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I've ridden for 30 years on all types of bikes on all sorts of terrains. I never ever thought I would see the day where power steering would be an option. Maybe for women and children or the elderly? We call non eps manly man steering. Is it that huge of a deal? Added weight versus benefit? Again not trying to argue and only voicing opinion. No animals were injured during the typing of this post.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Power steering IS nice no doubt, but the steering geometry of the newer ATV's make them very easy to handle without it.

EDIT: Except the Suzuki King Quads, their non-eps setup is HORRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Terrible kickback

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'm 6'5" 240 and I will be getting EPS on my next machine. not only will it make longer rides more comfortable, but it will mean my wife (all 4'10.5" and 100 lbs of her) will have no problems handling the machine should the need ever arise.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Ho hum...... It's NOT just about easier to steer. EPS takes all the bump steering out of an ATV. This is when the wheel hits an obstacle and the handle bars jerk side to side. bump steering is very tiring on the arms and makes the arms sore.

Nearly everybody absolutely praises EPS. They can ride ride much farther and not even be tired or sore sore.

Those who say " they the man " just don't understand the full benefits of EPS.

Bottom line GET IT !!!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Ho hum...... It's NOT just about easier to steer. EPS takes all the bump steering out of an ATV. This is when the wheel hits an obstacle and the handle bars jerk side to side. bump steering is very tiring on the arms and makes the arms sore.

Nearly everybody absolutely praises EPS. They can ride ride much farther and not even be tired or sore sore.

Those who say " they the man " just don't understand the full benefits of EPS.

Bottom line GET IT !!!

Totally agree!!! I definitely do not enjoy wrangling the steering on my 700 in low speed maneuvers. I'd rather not think of my quad as a piece of exercise equipment and fully enjoy the ease of steering on my 550. If it fits in the budget get it.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I opted to save $1200 and not get EPS when I bought my XP. And as nice as EPS can be, I rarely ever find I would need it. And after reading all the EPS horror stories of them crapping out ($2000+ repair bill) I am glad I chose not to get it. Granted few people have issues with their EPS, but it is another thing to go wrong.

Also with Non EPS you won't get the notorious "handlebar slop"

With all that being said, if I had a larger budget I may have got it.... maybe. It's tough because you can buy a bunbch of accessories for the money spent on EPS.

·
Registered
103 Posts
EPS is really sweet, I can ride around with my coffee with ease and enjoy!

If I want a workout, I would rather hop in the sac with the Mrs. and work up a sweat!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
EPS is really sweet, I can ride around with my coffee with ease and enjoy!

If I want a workout, I would rather hop in the sac with the Mrs. and work up a sweat!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts