Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got two buddies I ride with and both of their 570's will occasionally cut off while riding, both twice in about 3 hours of riding. Is there something behind this, first I thought it was an issue with the first machine as his did it twice, before my other buddies did, then his cut off twice. Im trying to help them figure it out, any ideas?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Is there a keychain in the key? Most likely the key is getting turned. Common problem on all sportsmans.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think if the key is on a chain of some sort it gets bumped or caught on the shifter if its a long one and then it shuts off.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I took mine off the key chain the first time I rode my 570 and left the spare key on the key chain ring and put it for the spare. Haven't had this problem. Sounds like the quick solution is just having the key with rubber around it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had this happen to me the first time I rode. Freaked me out because of where it happened but it was the spare key (in my case) hanging down and getting caught/wedged between the actual key and the gas tank and turning the machine off when I turned sharp. Took off the spare and have had no problems.

Sent from my dumb smart phone...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine shut off a few times also, found that the plug wire was not seated on the spark plug wire properly. I took off the seat, reached in and pushed it down onto the plug and have had no more issues. It was up off the plug 3/4 of an inch or more !

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found out about the key cutting off the bike the first time i got the bike its been about 3 month and now when i am cruising at a low speed and let off the gas the bike shuts off anyone have any ideas

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the key thing w mine as well. Damn thing kept dying and I couldn't figure what the hell was happening. Thankfully that was it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put a swamp series xl exhaust on mine and suonds great but been thinking if that could be part of the issue it is a slip on so i did not think it would make that much of a dif. That i would need a efi controler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts