Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an ‘18 570 sp. I was curious if there are common problems to look out for in the sp series? I think I read something about frame braces for the a arms? Anything else necessary to add or keep an eye on? I didn’t have very good luck with my 550XP so I’m hoping to stay ahead of issues in the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Bushings are probably the biggest thing to worry about on the 570 SP. They are a different frame completely from the 850/1k's so I haven't heard that frame braces are needed on the 570's someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Your 550 Xp shared it's frame with the 850xp, which was part of the problems, and why they needed a lot of the same things. The 570 SP shares the make frame of the 570, with just the changes being made to the front end to accommodate the Dual A-arm front suspension.

·
Registered
479 Posts
If I am not mistaken the 2018 570SP now has sealed bushings just like the new Ranger and General 1000.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
If I am not mistaken the 2018 570SP now has sealed bushings just like the new Ranger and General 1000.
News to me, but awesome if it's true!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 4.5 hour old is down do to EPS failure. Theirs a factory recall for this issue. Write now its a $9000.00 paper weight. Also what's up with all the rust stains showing up. The only water this machine has seen is at the end of a garden hose. And yes its in a enclosed dry garage. What gives? The best of luck with your atv.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 4.5 hour old is down do to EPS failure. Theirs a factory recall for this issue. Write now its a $9000.00 paper weight. Also what's up with all the rust stains showing up. The only water this machine has seen is at the end of a garden hose. And yes its in a enclosed dry garage. What gives? The best of luck with your atv.

Is yours a 2017 or 2018?

·
Registered
416 Posts
read the 570 forum for what to look/prevent. Heat shields have been added so this problem is resolved for you. What problem did you get with your 550XP?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
read the 570 forum for what to look/prevent. Heat shields have been added so this problem is resolved for you. What problem did you get with your 550XP?

At 475 miles a gear broke in the transmission . At 500 miles the one way bearing went. That’s when I traded it in.

Heat shield have been added to resolve what problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bs it's a 2017 570sp red. Sent a scathing email to STEALERSHIP

B s , it's a 2017 570sp red. Just talked to dealership of purchase and he said it was only 2018's with this issue. It's impossible to get a straight answer from these !!!!!!. They all act stupid and dome.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Dirt track review has the chassis the same as the big bores. 2017 review of 570. I'm thinking it is the dual a arm front suspension he speaks of.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think the sp called power steering is a joke. Off-road where the ground is dirt or whatever it’s fine but let’s face it, not really needed. Put it on pavement it’s a joke and in 4wh none existent. Then put a plow on it and I feel it’s worse. Just like your power steering on a car when the belt breaks. Steers twice as hard as non ps.

·
Registered
416 Posts

At 475 miles a gear broke in the transmission . At 500 miles the one way bearing went. That’s when I traded it in.

Heat shield have been added to resolve what problem?

outch that's a rought start with your atv.

Heat to the right leg. now if you look at the side of your atv you cant see the motor anymore. the black plastic added block the heat the exaust tube was trowing at calf level. In high speed riding it wasnt a problem but at low speed in the woods your right leg and plastic had to endure lots of radiant heat from the exaust line.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
We had a few issues with our 570 SP that were fixed under warranty, as well as a couple little things that annoy me with the drivetrain (clunky, pops, squeaks, rattles). Overall its a decent machine, wife likes it so that's all that matters since its hers LOL. If I could do it over again I would have probably just bought an 850 or possibly another 1K but the wife liked the black/red color scheme on the 570 at it was a 2 year carry over so we got a good deal on it. Our biggest complaint is the heat on the right leg but with the service bulletin for that fix we will see...I have yet to install the shield.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think the sp called power steering is a joke. Off-road where the ground is dirt or whatever it’s fine but let’s face it, not really needed. Put it on pavement it’s a joke and in 4wh none existent. Then put a plow on it and I feel it’s worse. Just like your power steering on a car when the belt breaks. Steers twice as hard as non ps.
Really? It's a new one. My 550 the eps is every bit as strong on 2x4 and 4x4. I don't even feel the awd when its on.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Really? It's a new one. My 550 the eps is every bit as strong on 2x4 and 4x4. I don't even feel the awd when its on.
Possible they fixed them from my early 15. I complained to the factory who called my dealer and had me come out. They had 4 brand new ones there who operated just as crappy as mine.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I know they sell a lot of the 570s. And I know forums are where most issues show up. But the 570 seems like the most problemed atv Polaris has.
When they came out in 2014 I was tempted to change my 550 for one since it had the ''rzr'' motor in it. I changed my mind quick. After seeing all the problems they had. If I was in the market for a 500 right now I would do like you and get a outlander.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my 2017 570sp back from shop. Power steering still refuses to work. Split second there, then dead. Then again it works and dead. Tell me am the only one or does no ones work?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts