Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I,ve removed carb and drilled the pilot jet brass plug and found it screwed hard in, after a bit of experimenting got it about 3 turns out and idles fine now, problem is when warm it has a stumble at 3400-3500rpm and still backfiring when backing off and getting onto throttle......what now, raise clip to richen?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was running like crap when bought, took forever to warm up wouldn't idle without choke and would hesitate and backfire, read about the mixture screw and had a play, got it idling perfect but still backfiring and an annoying rough patch at 3400rpm.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Check the main jet and needle clip position. I got a magnum for my daughter that did the same thing. Somewhere along the way a 110 main went in instead of a 125. Took me a week to notice it!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
A lot of 600's were too lean from the factory, go up one size on the main jet, cant remember what jet sizes they have but ive done this to a couple of them and it helped.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rubber boot

Don't know how I overlooked this before but have just found rubber carb intake boot is rooted, in OZ they are $111, and in US $69 plus postage to OZ $25-$45 approx, is there a cheaper supplier. Part number is 1253415
Thanks Millsy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts