Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

i have 6x6 425 magnum that got a new piston 1,5 years ago and have been running fine since, exept a overheating becuse of a fan problem. after the overheating it been running just fine for 4 weeks.
The problem start with the engine did not want to start, but it did crank. i check the compression and it was 65 psi. Now the engine is jam´d. The batteri is new and fully charge, and i can not turn it aroud with the pullstarter. I read about cam problems and open up the valve cover and messuerd the valve clearens it look good.
I then hit the start button and the engine started :shocked1: and ran good, i didnt drive, just open the throttle abit and everthing sound good. i let i idle for some minutes then shut it off. 15 minutes later i hit the start button and its jamd..

I have taken off the belt.

Anyone have a clue what the problem can be?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Start by removing the spark plug to see if the cylinder is full of coolant or fuel. That could cause a hydro-lock. Being that it has been overheating could have blown a head gasket, also check the oil for signs of water/coolant. Will be a milky color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the welcome!
And thanx for the tip!, im gona check this in a few Days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts