·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that's the temp this weekend in Alabama time for some serious mud riding

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
nothing like rubbing salt in some of us wounds...lol...its 8 outside now...and dropping...any ways enjoys the nice weather and riding...be safe

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
well up here in Hell
-17 and 40 mph wind tonight its like a white out again

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey I know your pain its going down to 18 tonight and then warming back up . Its been the coldest winter I remember in a long time.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thanks for rubbing it in! Im a little north of indy So im expecting the same crap as him!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
couldn't stand it . I would go insane inside all the time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to go up to warsaw a few times for a job I had a few years back and made it clear I wasn't staying into the winter lol. To cold for us southern boys.haha

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
45 days today of below 0
we race on the weekend so out side all weekend
some of my job is outside, (sign man for a city)
ice fish
I love winter but this was is becoming a challange

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mud! We have mud! Lots of it too! It's only 5 feet down just below the frost line. Yeah, we up here will show you some mud, sometime in July :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im a heating and air guy so weather is what im in all day. people up north have it bad now but come august and we are in 105 degree heat and suffering. lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
45 days today of below 0
we race on the weekend so out side all weekend
some of my job is outside, (sign man for a city)
ice fish
I love winter but this was is becoming a challange

Sign guy huh, Small world indy, really small......I do the same........

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I was station in Fort McClellan in 1970...in the summer....was hotter than a witches ass and humid beyond belief...sweat would run from your neck down into your boots..lol.....then I went to fort polk La ..another hot humid place....that was jungle survial training..was in swamps alot...mosquitoes as big as chickens..lol....met alot of good southern boys..we had some fun...the towns were glad when we shipped out....Fort McClellan was a womens training center...enough said...WOW

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
yes we do have some of the most beautiful days from April to Nov.
70's and 80's but few 90's usally a warm summer breeze

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we get 90 degrees from about late april to September but its not hot till it stays around 85 at night with 80 percent humidity

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Well Indy, I will see your -17 and 40mph and raise you to -28F with a 40mph wind. LOL

That being said from may to October can not be beat as long as you like mosquitos. We don't have hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, humidity so overall not a horrible place to be.

You have to get out and enjoy the winter. We play hockey until its -30 outside, snowmobile, ice fish, ski and generally fight off cabin fever but even then this has been a very trying winter.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Central Texas already hit 86 FOUR times since

January 1st! Woohoo!! Last weekend I rode with shorts and t-shirt on. But can you take 105+ for 30 days+? Hmmmm... :cowboy:

·
Registered
815 Posts
We had almost 70 and sunny Saturday. Last night it snowed. Today we hit a sizzling 30. I hate this extreme back an forth

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
swinging weather here too

yeah, forgot to mention, austin texas w/b 30 overnight wednesday (+30 of course) but will hit 78 by friday, crazy!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts