Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2005 700 sportsmen only 94 original miles it looks like just rolled outride of showroom starts and runs like brand new if I start it up then j ust driving normal for 10 min fan kicks on and runs non stop no lights come on at all but its burning or leaking antifreeze somehow if drove for 20 minutes have 2 add probly a cup of coolant doesn't drip or blow out of overflow .quad has never been in mudd rain or snow any help b appreciated:motz:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Something not right from get go?

When you have a machine that has been parked for 8 years there often is a reason. For starters I like to pull the thermostat and try it with out the thermostat installed for a few runs. If it does not loose coolant then you have found your problem. If you do you just have more trouble shooting to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will try the thermostate yes this quad is basically new was kept at our cabine up north its started every x we go there but everyone was affraid to drive it . The coolant issues has been like this since we bought it new dealer wouldnt do anything.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Check your oil. If it is contaminated then it's likely the water pump seal. If its just disappearing then you likely have a head gasket issue. But check the thermostat first. You can test it just like an automotive one by dropping it in a pan of water and heating it. I believe they open at around 170 degrees, but don't have the book in front of me to verify.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts