Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, hope one of you may have an answer for me. I just recently purchased a 2003 Sportsman 700 Twin, and the 4wd is always engaged, even if the switch is off. Im fairly new to this whole thing and havent worked on too many wheelers. So if anybody could lend some useful advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
you might have to change your fluid in the front diff. That is where the 4wd engages and disengages. Its all magnetic and if the fluid gets dirty, the magnets dont work. I would try that first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have 02 sportsman 700 twin with same problem, its always in awd, no matter what i do to the switch, i was told to try un pluging the power see if that works, and if that doesnt ill try the fluid,

·
Registered
8 Posts
When i bought my used 04 sportsman 600 i was having the same issue of the awd being on all the time, or even worse it would come on intermittenly when the rear tires were spinning.... not good! I pulled the plug to drain the fluid and out comes this real thick gear oil, turns out the previous owner used the same oil for the front as he did for the back. As soon as i put the correct fluid back in, problem sovled! has been working perfectly ever since. Hopefully this is what you are experiencing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts