Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I purchased an 8" LED Light Bar from DDM Tuning. It's a Flood Pattern Bar as I wanted to light up as much in front of the bike as possible. I already have three 35 watt DDM tuning HID's in my 11 Sportsman 800 but one can never have enough light.

Here are the specs for the bar:

Lumens: 3600
Number of LEDs: 12
LED Chip Type: Osram 3W
Lifespan: 50,000 Hours
Wattage: 36W
Current Draw: 2.8A @ 12.8V
Voltage: 9-30V
Warranty: 3 Year
LED Color: 5700K
Vibration / Shock Proof
EMC, ECE and RoSH Approved

Since I did not like any of the brush guards or bumpers available I decided that I could mount an 8" Light bar in the Radiator Opening, Looks pretty OEM to me. I also use the Polaris auxiliary light wiring kit to wire up the bar.

Here is with the LED Light Bar Only:

Here is with the HID's only:

Here's with both:

Side View of Lights:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice job!

Thanks for all the pics, particularly the comparison shots of the different lighting. Looks like a very effective setup...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah there is tons of lighting now.

Reason for getting this light bar was that I planned on adding a RDC Polaris Rad Relocate and it would block the pod light.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looks great, I am thinking of mounting one in the same place on my 850

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great, I am thinking of mounting one in the same place on my 850
Nice! 8" is the widest bar that would fit in the bottom opening of the radiator. If you mounted it in the middle of the radiator I think a 10" would fit, but not sure how the mounting would go.

I drilled mine through both sets of plastics using a M6X30mm Flanged Bolt and M6 Flanged Nut. It is not going anywhere!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice Job IndyRed !!

Yes I agree.. The added light bar does make a noticeable difference. I have a 11" Xtra Series 5000k 18 bulb LED, 4050 Lumens light bar mounted on my front brush guard and you can definitely see the difference it makes at night. Like you said.... You can never have enough light at night.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice Job IndyRed !!

Yes I agree.. The added light bar does make a noticeable difference. I have a 11" Xtra Series 5000k 18 bulb LED, 4050 Lumens light bar mounted on my front brush guard and you can definitely see the difference it makes at night. Like you said.... You can never have enough light at night.
That looks sick man!!! I like the brush guard on that XP, and the light bar is awesome!! If the classic style sportsman's had that style bumper I would have bought one and installed a 12" bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts