Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I wonder how they are even making money at that price then:ponder:.....They can't get me in until next Tuesday a.m. that's how busy their service dept. is. Said both machines will be done Tuesday after lunch.
They are making money at that price because the cost of their fluids and oil change kits are outrageous.....you know that fuse

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
No doubt that Polaris is "proud" of their oils. The fact that just the fluids (oil, trans, demand) and filters off of ebay are almost the $80 is what I was getting at. I doubt they are changing any fluids besides the engine oil/filter and a grease job which is easy on the VL for price they quoted me...they probably check the other fluids but do not change them. Maybe I'm wrong but like I said before I'm going to call them in the morning and get the story 100% straight.:cowboy:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
No doubt that Polaris is "proud" of their oils. The fact that just the fluids (oil, trans, demand) and filters off of ebay are almost the $80 is what I was getting at. I doubt they are changing any fluids besides the engine oil/filter and a grease job which is easy on the VL for price they quoted me...they probably check the other fluids but do not change them. Maybe I'm wrong but like I said before I'm going to call them in the morning and get the story 100% straight.:cowboy:
I get a 5 qt jug of mobil one for 25 dollars...good for 2.5 changes
2 qts of 5-w 20 mobil one for 12.00....trans
one qt of synthetic atf for 6.00.....front diff

a Purolator filter for 3.27
So for a full fluid change I pay approx. 31.00 and an hours time....so its easy to see they are paying for their time from their fluid prices. If that price only includes oil and filter and lube...they are dry F#&%$#^%G you. Ask if that price includes KY Jelly

Sure the price of POLARIS fluids off ebay is 80.00. They sure think highly of their generic fluids. If that price includes all fluids changed then it's not too bad of a price. Their time is worth something

21 - 23 of 23 Posts