Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site but here goes,I have an 2008 sportsman 800 Ho.Went for a ride this weekend with two other machines and just barely squeezed 40 miles out of the tank while they had 1/2 tanks left.Is this normal or should I be looking for something.Complained to dealer in spring who said all was fine!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
theres a few things to ask , is your gages workin right, how much were you in low range or four wheel drive, and what were the other guys driven, I got about 60 miles out of a tank. But i had a gallon or so left when i filled it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No low range,50/50 on 4by4.Gage is working fine,that baby was MT!Was riding with a Griz 660 ,the other was a small block.I know they are both smaller than mine but not 1/2 tank smaller.I'd be happy with 60 from a tank

·
Registered
174 Posts
sounds about right, the 800 is a huge pig on gas compared to most other machines, your milage sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
4play is right they are pigs when it comes to gas, You said you were in 4 wheel half the time that sucks up xtra gas , I must also tell you when I get that type of mileage its on pretty nice trails and no 4wheel drive.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I agree their pigs....number one complaint....you get comfort with a Polaris, but pay for it at the gas pump....Muddie49

·
Registered
151 Posts
depends on riding i have gotten 50 miles on 2 gallons and i have gotten 40 miles on over 3. they are hogs, but i can stop and fuel up a little more for the power and ride we have.
the 50 miles was flat wide trails,fast riding. the 40 was tight winding trails, slower riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, after reading many posts like this, I sure am glad I didnt get the Sportsman 800! I got a 07 500 HO X2. Has the fuel tank that holds 2 gal. more than a regular sportsman because its a X2 (7 gallon tank). but heck that thing will go all day on a tank of gas, gets more than 220 miles to the tank! Most of my riding is twisty trails, and I always get on it all the time. Use 4wd once in a while. Couldnt be happier with it! I would love the extra power of a 800 but i dont need it that bad if i will only get 50 miles to a tank on a good day.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts