Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope you can answer this one. Went off into a pretty big mud hole yesterday got stuck so had to get winched out while in the process of doing so i smoked my belt at least twice once on dry ground i noticed when i took off slowly that there was a shutter in the drive train like a u joint was going bad but there not there tight no water got in the belt housing took out the plug none came out it just shutters at low speed once i get going it kinda goes away no metal to metal sounds no bends in anything just shutters u can even see it in the drive train when it moves best way to help understand it almost acts like a impact goes in the right direction but bounces back the other way for a sec any suggestions are welcomed. The motor starts up fine little loss of power but not much steering is fine

·
Registered
257 Posts
Did you say you did smoke the belt? I am a little confused by the post. Was the belt replaced afterwards and still does the shutter. If not were you in low or high range while in the mudhole? If in high probably a good chance that you have an hour glass spot in your belt from the clutch turning on the belt but the tires were not. Probably will be more noticeable at lower speeds than higher speeds.

Hope this helps

Bigtime

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry for that lack of details on post guys but no i have not replaced the belt yet happend yesterday got home late still gotta clean it up. I wasn't in high when i hit the hole i was in low and four wheel drive coming off some nasty wash outs. This is my first polaris so im still going the learning stages of the machine lol awesome bike o and yea it does it in low and high not so much in high

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
He said it stutters on take off. Replace the belt , you'll be fine. Keep the old belt for an emergency.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for yalls help guys Grub well never mind Changed the belt running like a champ thanks again for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts