Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Oh no another Bruce on the board! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was also looking for a kit or some info non a front only brake lever. Not having a front ONLY brake lever is a Major saftey concern and Polaris should have their buts sued off for not providing one on all bikes!
It seems that no Polaris engineer ever tried to back down a steep hill on an atv. The famous K turn does is not possible most of the time.
I have been debating T-ing off the front block with a line and another master cylinder, hand lever on the bars.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I like the one leaver style, better for extreme rideing where you can apply the brake and gas alot quicker, just be carefull when your rideing down a 70 degree slope lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
800 front brake MC

I was also looking for a kit or some info non a front only brake lever. Not having a front ONLY brake lever is a Major saftey concern and Polaris should have their buts sued off for not providing one on all bikes!
It seems that no Polaris engineer ever tried to back down a steep hill on an atv. The famous K turn does is not possible most of the time.
I have been debating T-ing off the front block with a line and another master cylinder, hand lever on the bars.
I have found a kit online. I won't be back to my office until Monday. I'll pull it up and post it. Believe it was around $380.00. It looks like there will be a liitle mod work to do to integrate the throttle and MC mount

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like the one leaver style, better for extreme rideing where you can apply the brake and gas alot quicker, just be carefull when your rideing down a 70 degree slope lol.
The one lever applies all brakes. These machines need a front only lever on the right bar for backing down a steep incline.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have found a kit online. I won't be back to my office until Monday. I'll pull it up and post it. Believe it was around $380.00. It looks like there will be a liitle mod work to do to integrate the throttle and MC mount

Right on! I heard of a kit some time ago but could not find it online.
Please send me the link if you can.

·
Registered
30 Posts
it would be easier and cheaper to just put a line lock switch in.
Any line lock I have used is apply only with no feel @ all. On and of like a light switch. The purpose is to be able to apply the front only with varied amounts of application, not just to hold bike [present lever will do this].

How would you rig it? Have not seen many line locks in the last 20 years maybe they have improved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Touring 800 Front Brake

The website you need to go to is hotseatperformance.com. The kit you're looking for is called a "split brake kit" under the chassis accessory tab in the polaris folder.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts