Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a ride today went into a mud hole and my buddy said my left front tire wasn't turning, got it out checked the axle and the cv joint was snapped. I can't even remember where I might have snapped it I haven't really been in a situation that I can think of where I would have snapped it. Do these joints snap that easy? Do you think I should go with Rhinos or just try a stock one again? I do not have a lift of any kind and I don't beat it but I also don't baby it

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Ouch! Could the tires be the problem?

Mark

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think so, like I said previous I haven't been in a situation to snap it, the only possibility would be after riding we go in a river that is rocky and ride around to wash the underneath off, and it is pretty rough

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have snapped a stock one on both my machines. Its easy to do with eps. You get in a rut and give some gas and turn bars a bit and if the side of the tire hits something... Kaboom. I put Rhinos on mine and they are way way stouter. If you don't have a lift they should be more than good. Stock axles are very small compared. I blew one out in the cv joint but also sheared an shaft in half.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you have to change one anyway I would do both with Rhino. I haven't priced them but the salesman I deal with claims they are no more expensive than the oem.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Less money than OEM. They were 200 each from SuperATV. I got a set for both machines and swapped both of them out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just ordered an aftermarket cv joint $112 inc tax, Polaris wanted $300 for one, what a joke. I think I will get some Rhinos during the winter and put them in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts