Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, what is the best setup for rear storage on the 850s?

I just bought a new 2013 (leftover) Sportsman 850 EPS and I'm finding very few options for rear storage, or it seems that way.

When searching the polaris website (and others) all the lock and ride stuff appears to be only for the touring 2-seater?
When I filter down to the single-seater it says it won't fit. Is that true?

I've had an American Trails soft bag on my 2005 700efi for many years and I love it. It's not too big and the soft packs seem to protect my gear from vibration. Anything I've put under the plastic hood up front looks unrecognizable after a few rides.

I'd even consider getting a BIG storage box for overnight runs and a small bag setup for day trips.

Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
118 Posts

Went with this smaller bag. Got it used for $40.
It's plenary of space and not in the way at all when you swing your leg over the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
679 Posts
OGIO bag on the back of mine. No complaints. It will get a bit dusty inside but I have never seen water or snow get in there. I prefer the lower profile of the soft bags. Cabelas has a soft tactical bag that looks really appealing.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Ogio honcho bag with Polaris l&r anchors is available I think. Ogio is best, most functional bag/box I have used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
175 Posts
I use this large utility box with L&R anchors. Its large and holds everything I need for long trips ice fishing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Can't say enough good things about Thor. I have a soft bag now from Cabelas but when ready to purchase a hard one he will get the sale. I just ordered the XP fenderflares on Sunday and they are here already. Superfast shipping and great to work with.

Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup looks like the Ogio Honcho is the way to go for regular use. I like like the shorter bags so I can swing my leg over it. My rear rack is only 15 inches deep so I hopefully it fits properly.

I'll probably rig up a way to mount it with the lock and ride system.

Then I'll get a polaris trunk to swap in there for the long range missions.

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts