Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right every where I've searched to solve my problem. (limp mode with over heating light). Seems to point to a circuit breaker for the fan. Where in the heck is it at on a 2014 850 sportsman xp eps.... I've seen pictures on line and it seems to be attached to the wiring harness under the front cover by the battery. NOT MINE. I can't locate it anywhere. This things driving me nuts. It's hit or miss sometimes with in the 1st 2 miles normal riding sometimes after half a day sometimes not at all. I used to could undo battery for 10 minutes and it would clear out for the day. Last time would come back every 20 to 30 minutes limped back to the truck. Yes the radiators clean. Please help Trying to ride tomorrow and can't trust it.:unknw:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Chase the wiring from the fan back to the fuse panel ..

It likely wrapped up in a loom in there somewhere.

I couldn't find the one on my sportsman untill I took of the storage container.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
First, you need to verify if power is getting to the fan motor from the fan relay when the ECM is commanding the fan to turn on. If power is not being sent to the fan then you need to trace back to the fan relay then fan fuse, etc.

If power is being sent to the fan motor, then chances are the fan motor needs attention. In my case, I've had the front bearing in the pancake fan motor seize. The next time I overheated due to fan motor failure, the carbon brushes inside the motor were sticking in their holders.

In both cases, I was able to rebuild the motor without having to buy an entire assembly.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
My fan runs but not with enough voltage, when I hook the fan right to 12 volts it works as it should. And the fan sensor works as it turns the fan on but with not enough power. I'm looking for the circuit breaker in the wiring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 Sportsman 850XP Touring Fan circuit breaker

I have a 2010 850XP Touring,
Started having overheating trouble, pulled the temperature sensor to test, it goes to 200 ohms at 180 degrees, put it back in, finally found the 20 amp circuit breaker in the harness under the seat, the battery is in the back, so the breaker was 6" from the positive terminal along the bottom of top left frame rail. Pulled it out to test, the ohm meter showed it as 1 ohm & intermittently 0, should read 0 ohms. Replaced the breaker & the fan runs as normal at about 180 degrees!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts