Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I could but a larger battery in my 850 touring. Looks like all I would need is new bigger battery and a larger strap to hold it down. Anyone done this? If so any part numbers on strap or battery.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Not sure for the touring frame but for the normal 850s I use an Odyssey 925L. It fits snug down in the battery well, no need for a strap either.

·
Registered
215 Posts
They do make a different strap for the larger battery. The dealer I bought quad from gave me a hell of a deal on larger polaris battery otherwise I would have gone with the odessey. If you search here you can find the battery bracket number.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I found the pn for the larger battery bracket 5253600 from polaris. It may be a tight fit with out the bracket and the plastics can/will hold it in there but for me piece of mind of a metal bracket is worth it.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I found the pn for the larger battery bracket 5253600 from polaris. It may be a tight fit with out the bracket and the plastics can/will hold it in there but for me piece of mind of a metal bracket is worth it.
BINGO! That's really all that matters at the end of the day! :cowboy:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Yep, they put a 30AH battery in the 09-10 and then went to a 20Ah battery after that. Just get the bigger battery and order the strap for the 09-10. It's about $18.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts