Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who have had both machines or driven each, is price tag of 1000 worth it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can feel the extra power, especially on the lower end....which jumps the fun factor way up. If you are choosing between a 14' 850 LE and 1000, it is absolutely worth it.

Now if you can get a good deal on a leftover 2013 that would be a good debate if the extra coin is worth it.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If you're in it for the power, worth every penny. If you just want a good trail machine then the 850 is more than enough. The 1000 has a lot of potential to be tapped still. There is an easy 10-15 wheel HP to be had in one with a little clutching and intake work. Not so much in the 850.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you're in it for the power, worth every penny. If you just want a good trail machine then the 850 is more than enough. The 1000 has a lot of potential to be tapped still. There is an easy 10-15 wheel HP to be had in one with a little clutching and intake work. Not so much in the 850.
Shhh....ridin we gotta keep some secrets:)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm picking mine up finally tomorrow from freedom powersports up here in alberta. Ill be able to run it against my 850 le with just a pipe and filter on the 850. The short test ride on the 1000 proved it had a lot more bottom end than my 850. I'm beyond excited to get off work, head home and pick it up tomorrow..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So found out today there is 800 off on 850's. 10,900 otd for 2014 850 LE or 13,200 otd for 1000. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I paid 12,700 for my 1000 plus a free Polaris lock n ride bag thrown in..with no delivery or build fee's

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ive rode both and needless to say i was almost willing to sell my 850 to get the 1000. The low end is crazy on the 1k. Ive rode rengade and outlander 1 k and the polaris (regardless who wins in whatever race) Feels like your floating on air. zero delay between hitting throttle and launching. Plus the rear end looks almost like a raptor 700 with duals lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
Popularity....just like the ace, the 1000 has no rebates and polaris tells dealers to sell for msrp. I got mine like curb for a discount, but that was before word got around about the true power difference.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Popularity....just like the ace, the 1000 has no rebates and polaris tells dealers to sell for msrp. I got mine like curb for a discount, but that was before word got around about the true power difference.
Hermans performance in NY $12696 OTD price

·
Registered
123 Posts
personally would never get a first year run...normally the year with the most issues

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm telling ya guys, the power difference is huge! I got mine on pavement today and it's all I could hope for. Wheelies at damn near any speed. Pull the front end a foot off the ground and power wheelie damn near as long as you want, or clip along at 30mph and its almost zero effort to stand it right up. Needless to say my 850 is getting sold, it will never be used after getting some traction with the 1000 and seeing how much more fun it is.

Hell I got whacked in the mouth at 65mph by a big junk of ice off the front plastic, cut my face all to hell and I never stopped grinning for a second. Couldn't be happier

·
Registered
190 Posts

Not to rob this thread or change the subject, but how much extra wheel hp can be gained on the 850 with clutching in ur opinion?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm telling ya guys, the power difference is huge! I got mine on pavement today and it's all I could hope for. Wheelies at damn near any speed. Pull the front end a foot off the ground and power wheelie damn near as long as you want, or clip along at 30mph and its almost zero effort to stand it right up. Needless to say my 850 is getting sold, it will never be used after getting some traction with the 1000 and seeing how much more fun it is.

Hell I got whacked in the mouth at 65mph by a big junk of ice off the front plastic, cut my face all to hell and I never stopped grinning for a second. Couldn't be

It would be great if u could post a video of the 1k vs the 850 in a drag race just so we could all see the difference! It's killing me to know how much faster they are

·
Registered
294 Posts
Temps are still in the -20s here, should be in the plus's this weekend. I'm also interested in the actual difference, but I can tell you right now stock to stock the 1000 is a far more powerful machine. The power comes on smooth yet absolutely brutal at the same time, im not sure how they achieved that. I'll surely get some video this weekend. It takes a lot more skill to launch the 1k though, the 850 you can just lean forward and its fairly manageable, the 1k at any speed under 15mph it wants to come over backwards no matter how far forward you lean. Keep in mind im 270lbs and this thing is still a rocket.

Went and ordered a qsc clutch kit, paddles, and theyre looking into exhaust systems. Then their turbo guru started tossing around the option of turbo charging....around 6000 tops (canadian) to turbo the 1k, 6psi of boost, running pump gas. Possibly quite a bit cheaper if they can put their logo on the machine, as they know ill promote it for them (also bought 4 machines off em in the last 3 years) so they treat me well.

Wow anyway I'm getting off topic....this thing has got me acting like a 12 year old girl, I'm getting hyper over here!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts