Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Those XPs would benefit greatly if they had a couple (front and rear, "remote" grease stations). I was introduced to those on some farm machinery many years ago. Make lubricating a simple process.

·
Registered
109 Posts
No need to remove any plastics to grease prop shaft on 570.
I have the recall heat shield that closes off the right side.

And the plow attachment hardware blocks access from the bottom.

Only way I can get to the prop shaft fitting is by taking off the side cladding and heat shield...

Glad to know if there’s another way...

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have the recall heat shield that closes off the right side.

And the plow attachment hardware blocks access from the bottom.

Only way I can get to the prop shaft fitting is by taking off the side cladding and heat shield...

Glad to know if there’s another way...
I do too! Access from underneath.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got rid of my 850 XP and replaced it with my 570 Touring. I have never regretted making that choice. The 570 cost a whole lot less, and runs just as good. You lose some top end to the 850, but 0-25 they will run neck & neck. I'm a high altitude (8,500' and up) trail rider/rock crawler and would buy another 570 before buying another 850. I used to buy into the whatever a 570 will do, the 850 will do it better line. (may have used that line myself a time or two...;)) Then I actually bought the 570 and found out that 99% of the time that's just not the case. The 850 is a great machine, but I actually prefer the 570.
This is good to know because I don't really want to spend the money on an 850 and I ride trails all above 7500 ft sometimes close to 13000 ft and was concerned about hp loss and how it would affect 570!

·
Super Moderator
7,004 Posts
This is good to know because I don't really want to spend the money on an 850 and I ride trails all above 7500 ft sometimes close to 13000 ft and was concerned about hp loss and how it would affect 570!
Really nothing to worry about at all. A few years back I chased a buddy of mine up Lily Pond Trail in Taylor Park. It starts at about 9,900' and ends at around 10,600'. Buddy was on his 850 and I was on my 570. It's a pretty steep, winding trail, and I was able to stay as close behind him as I wanted to. I was surprised and impressed, as was my buddy. I knew the two were very comparable, having put 3,600 miles on my 850 previously, but had never run my 570 "head to head" against an 850. I'm not the racing type, gotta be the fastest kid on the block kind of guy, but that was a fun run. The 570 is just a good running mountain goat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If my choice was to have a stupid grin it wouldn’t be in an Atv. Maybe a 68 GT 500 Shelby or a 69 Charger RT with 426 Hemi!!
69 Charger and 426 Hemi.
Been there, done that, wish I still had it!
👍👍
Anyway, I have an '18 Sportsman 570 Touring and love it. Does real well on trails, no problems in mud (yet), and as far as power, its a beast moving large amounts of Wisconsin snow!
Good luck. I think either way, you'll enjoy whichever you choose and you get!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to riding and purchased a 2019 sportsman 850sp. It is great and has tons of power. I have also rode my daughters 2020 Kawasaki BF 300’s. What ever you can afford to have fun with this sport is what you should get. But if you can afford it I would recommend the 850 for the extra power if you are mud riding as you posted earlier. What’s worse buying smaller then later wishing you had more power or starting off with the power you want or maybe a little more than you need. Having to sell and buy bigger is more expensive in the long run. Enjoy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mel556180 gave exact description of both. I went for the 2020 570 with EPS for the utility version of it and basically all around bike. It can work but it can play hard also. A lot of power, especially with a good set of tires on it. I run maxxis zillas on it and it goes awesome in mud. That one is going to my wife and I’m buying the 850 in a few months strictly for recreational when riding with the guys and more aggressive trail riding. Really can’t go wrong with either one.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts