Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought my 2013 850 XP yesterday and after installing the 2" Extreme Lift from Polaris the outsides of the rear shock springs rub on the inside of the sway bar. Does anyone know the proper work around for this?

Extended sway bar connecting rods would fix it, but I can't find any.

I've got the dealer looking into it also. They said that's the standard kit for my bike but they haven't had any issues installing it.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Remove the sway bar?

Alot of ppl do it anyways....

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bruce.

I went to the dealer today and they disconnected the sway bar and tied it back. They said they were going to look into extended connecting rods, or a wider sway bar.

My mind is truly blown that I buy a brand new machine along with a simple 2" lift kit from the dealer... it doesn't work... and the service manager says "we've never seen this before". It must be me.

Oh well, I'll get something figured out.

M

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Well since lifts are a terrible idea in the first place.............it shouldn't shock you too much?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
x93- I made your "lifts are a terrible idea" adjustment and everything fits perfect now! Thanks buddy for helping me solve my problem.

M

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a buddy extend the connecting rods 2". Done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Applied fix for spring rub to 850 xp 2" xtream lift

I had a buddy extend the connecting rods 2". Done.
Applied the same fix as TXMuddin.

Brought the original connecting rod to a local machine shop and literally said "can you make these but 2 inches longer" $60 bucks and done.

Even with this added cost this is the best 2" lift for the 2014 850 xp and the easiest install. Pic attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Well since lifts are a terrible idea in the first place.............it shouldn't shock you too much?
Please tell me how lifts are a terrible idea. Also tell me how riding 2up on a single seater ATV is a good idea, or even legal for that matter, as I see you are doing. Everyone has their own ideas of what modifications are needed for their riding styly. Quit trolling when people are trying to receive actual advice and assistance.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Please tell me how lifts are a terrible idea. Also tell me how riding 2up on a single seater ATV is a good idea, or even legal for that matter, as I see you are doing. Everyone has their own ideas of what modifications are needed for their riding styly. Quit trolling when people are trying to receive actual advice and assistance.
All he knows how to do is troll

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Guy's with the 2in lifts are you running aftermarket axles?
Seems like most are, those that aren't, will need to soon.

From what i've read stock 570 RZR axles fit and are much bigger than the stock 850 axles. i would do some more research before you buy them, but you can find them on ebay for less than aftermarket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I just bought my 2013 850 XP yesterday and after installing the 2" Extreme Lift from Polaris the outsides of the rear shock springs rub on the inside of the sway bar. Does anyone know the proper work around for this?

Extended sway bar connecting rods would fix it, but I can't find any.

I've got the dealer looking into it also. They said that's the standard kit for my bike but they haven't had any issues installing it.

Thanks,
Mike
I have the same problem on my 2019 850ho dis you get it figured out. Please let me know.

·
Premium Member
12,288 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2019 850ho dis you get it figured out. Please let me know.
Did you read the thread?? The fix is longer link rods, 2" longer.

Figured I'd jump in seeing that TXMuddin hasn't been around in like 7yrs.

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850SP
1,361 Posts
Most lifts come with the extended sway bar rods. If the one you have didn’t, then you can use 2” longer bolts with a 2” piece of pipe to achieve the same result. Or you can disconnect the sway bars completely.

Reactions: MrEd

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
1,309 Posts
Good idea for a home fix, also check with highlifter and see if they’ll sell you the longer links they have, separately.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts