Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi boys and girls
am new to the forum and live in Sweden.
I wonder if the 2009 cvt housing outlet is bad for the clutch?
a mechanic said it is much warmer with 2009 model outlet than 2013.
think 2009 model seems better to not take in water so easy

so what do you say?

is very poor in English and using Google Translate.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't know anything about the 2009 but I know heat is not good on the belt I do t think the clutch itself would be hurt by it the cooler u can keep it the better belt life u will have in my opinion. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Cool belts last longer than hot ones. And as long as the cover and vents are sealed up tight ou have nothing to worry about with water getting in.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I would think you would be alright switching to an 09 clutch housing exhaust. It still has to be a shorter run than if you snorkeled it. I have the stealth snorkel on my 850 xp and haven't had any belt issues yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes the newer belt outlets are in a horrible place. I have a 2011 and I hate how it's just like my old grizzly 660. I have a 2009 outlet for my xp, I just haven't put it on yet. Everything's frozen here now but it'll be on before spring. I can't imagine a little extra heat is worse for it than getting wet every time it gets ridden. I say put the older one on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
I put a 2009 belt exhaust duct on my 2012 850 before I rode it 100 miles. Went through a water hole on my first ride that was deeper than I expected and was surprised the belt didn't get wet due to the low outlet. I decided right then to swap on an '09 duct to reduce my fear of water.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
that's what I was thinking, if snorkeled quads can handle the heat. so can not 09's outlet to be worse?
it's just very expensive in Sweden. if I count on to dollars That would be $ 115 here in Sweden.

many thanks for your help =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts