Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 xp 850 and am planning on putting a clutch kit in before spring. The bike has stealth snorkels, a 2.5'' lift, cobra axles and 31'' s/w outlaws. Top speed really isn't a concern, if I hit 50 once in a while that is fast for where I ride. From what I have been reading and researching qsc and /// seem to be the most commonly used. The main thing I am after is I want a smoother engagement than it currently has stock, and for it to be reliable and not have me going through belts. I only have one year with the 31's (about 5 rides) but I haven't ever gone through a belt, still running the stock one.

Seems everyone with the qsc is real happy with there kit and thinks it is well worth the money.

Also from what I have read people are also happy with /// setups. I like the idea of getting a gear reduction with the cv tech and even a bigger gear reduction if I get the ranger belt set up with the secondary machined.

I guess what I am trying to figure out is it worth the extra money for the /// for what I am trying to get out a clutch setup. I don't need to be the fastest through the mudholes just like to get to the other side. Also like I said above I don't want it to be real jerky when I am trying to crawl up a steep rocky hill or off camber, or even loading it in my truck. I liked how smooth the classic sportsmans where, how you could real gently engage the belt if needed.

Thanks for the input, if any of this doesn't make sense please ask me to elaborate on it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
From what I've heard the Qsc kit is the best for them money I'm sure the /// would be some better but idk if its worth the money.. My buddy put a cv tech primary and a STM secondary and it helped it alot but idk if it was worth the money

·
Registered
190 Posts
By the way his is a 1k outty

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have asked in some other forums and the people that have put the /// in love them and swear it is the best setup. I am not sure if it is that good or people are justifying how much they spent and are really proud of the ///. Thanks for your input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts