Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start with the bearings..
I replaced them 2 months ago with the all ballz ones, they are already shot and falling apart :( Going to try a local bearing place to see if they have an exact fit to get something better quality in but anyone know if any good solid ones? I do get my quad into a lot of mud and water.

Also, both my lower ball joints are shot after 3 years, I'm not complaining. I took them out and wondering if anyone found a good aftermarket replacement or maybe even something out of a small car that fits from a local parts store?

Thanks!
(I just priced out all I need to do my "maintenance" on this thing and with the lower steering box and brakes, ball joints, uni joints, fluids (gear and tranny), bearings.. I'm already up over $500 hence trying to find some alternatives that *may* last longer.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
U can save some money by using alternate fluids instead of the POPO stuff. They have a huge markup when they put that pretty label on the bottle.

As far as ball joints and bearings I havn't found anything any better than the other. I put 500 miles on a All Balls bearing and it fell apart at Hatfield McCoy so I just buy whatever is the cheapest.

The XP needs alot of TLC compared to the value line and that is why I won't buy another XP. I am going back to the value line.

Ronnie

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
U can save some money by using alternate fluids instead of the POPO stuff. They have a huge markup when they put that pretty label on the bottle.

As far as ball joints and bearings I havn't found anything any better than the other. I put 500 miles on a All Balls bearing and it fell apart at Hatfield McCoy so I just buy whatever is the cheapest.

The XP needs alot of TLC compared to the value line and that is why I won't buy another XP. I am going back to the value line.

Ronnie
Well said.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts