·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a power house, and fun to ride

·
Registered
454 Posts
Looks fun...can't do that around me. I can't even take my sleds off trail or I will be digging.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride on thousands of acres of private land...never heard of "digging"?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ He means digging it out!!!

I am in the same boat. If I went for a trail ride right now the snow would be over my racks.

Also if you think that is good in snow, try getting some good tires! The stockers are terrible.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm at the trailhead for 22,000 miles of groomed trails and countless thousands of miles of ungroomed trails but unfortunately they are snowmobile only trails mostly over private land. The snow is ass high on a tall Swede around here off trail. Either you boondock off trail with sleds which gets the landowners mad and they yank their land from the trail system or stay on the trails. You can drive the wheeler on lakes and private land and that's about it. Took me probably 20 minutes to dig my sled out to get off my pond and I was soaked in sweat which kills the day. My wheeler is supposed to live at my lake home but it just hasn't been brought up there yet. You can get away with wheelers in more places up there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm at the trailhead for 22,000 miles of groomed trails and countless thousands of miles of ungroomed trails but unfortunately they are snowmobile only trails mostly over private land. The snow is ass high on a tall Swede around here off trail. Either you boondock off trail with sleds which gets the landowners mad and they yank their land from the trail system or stay on the trails. You can drive the wheeler on lakes and private land and that's about it. Took me probably 20 minutes to dig my sled out to get off my pond and I was soaked in sweat which kills the day. My wheeler is supposed to live at my lake home but it just hasn't been brought up there yet. You can get away with wheelers in more places up there.
22,000 miles...thats some serious riding?

myself never rode more than about 40/50 miles or so ATV trails on a big ride. Hatfield McCoy trails think we did around 200 or so in four days.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
There are actually trails open to atv all year in MN. They just don't groom them, they are virtually impassable this year.
Chengwatana, Nemadji, and St Croix state forest all have ATV only trails open year round ( except in spring thaw ).

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I'm at the trailhead for 22,000 miles of groomed trails and countless thousands of miles of ungroomed trails but unfortunately they are snowmobile only trails mostly over private land.......

22,000 miles...thats some serious riding?

myself never rode more than about 40/50 miles or so ATV trails on a big ride. Hatfield McCoy trails think we did around 200 or so in four days.
This is for the entire state of MN. We do have a great network of snowmobile trails. Only a small portion of these convert to ATV trails in the summer, as stated above, a lot a over private land or wetlands in State Forests that are not passable when not frozen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It Will be a long time before any of the trails are passable in Pine County Whoopin. I quit plowing, and now am using my snowblower as the bankes are 8-10 feet high. There is a good 3 feet on the ground here.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Your telling me DrO! I live in North Branch and spent half a day Sunday. Picking away at my piles and pushing them farther into my yard! COME ON SPRING!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
The OP's vid looks fun. Would love to do that too but like some said, the snow just too deep here. I just don't want to wrestle with a 1k machine buried in the snow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts