Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed an oil leak on the underside of the engine. Unfortunately, the metal skidplate is welded to the frame, and there is not enough room to clearly see the bottom of the engine, so I cannot tell where the oil is coming from without pulling the engine. The drain plug, filter, and every other possible leak point seem spotless. However, after running the engine for just a few minutes, oil will start collecting on the skid plate, and eventually start dripping on the ground. No seams under the engine case that I can see. Anyone else experience this or have any ideas?:disappointed:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
yes i had the unfortunate luck of having my oil plug strip out, I have changed my own oil on my rigs for years and know better with an aluminum block to over tighten but it happened any ways,

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i had the unfortunate luck of having my oil plug strip out, I have changed my own oil on my rigs for years and know better with an aluminum block to over tighten but it happened any ways,
Thanks Chopper89. The oil plug was the first thing I checked, but it shows no seepage. The leak appears to be hidden under the metal skidplate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts