Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2011 850 xp with about 3000 miles on it now without any issues. But now it is time to pep it up a bit. I want to install a slip on, and probably a programmer of some sort. Right now I am running 26" big horns and probably won't venture too far from that as far as tires go. I am not into the mud anymore I would rather run around on the trails and open the throttle every chance I get. But I don't shy from the mud if it is in front of me. What I am wondering is there anything I should do with the stock clutching to make it engage smoother and get the most out of the clutching, that won't rob the top end. I want to make sure this machine is running to the best of its abilities. Last GPS run I had on it was 76mph but it took a little real estate to get up to that.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I can help you out with a clutch kit and a tuner. Biggest gains on the 850 are just in the clutching. Not a lot in a slip on and tuner. 2-3hp tops at the wheels. You will get more with just the clutching. Tuner will help clean up throttle response and up to half throttle richness on them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts