Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2012 850 XP was looking at putting on a supertrapp mudslinger slip on really just want the sound but was wondering if you had to put on efi controller with a slip on. Main reason being i have no clue how to tune it and im pretty happy with stock performance. Any info or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome! Someone here has to know.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
It was Memorial day yesterday. Most of us where enjoying it with family and friends, not on the forum. Forums are not the fastest way to get answers.

The short answer is very likely not. There really isn't enough change with a slip on that your EFI can't handle it. Can't say for positive, elevation and temp changes also play into effect, but I would just go ahead and install it. You can always add the FI controller later if you need it. Or if you do further mods to the airbox or exhaust.

·
Registered
901 Posts
In my experience just doing a slip on is fine a full exhaust is different as the main pipes are not changing so it really is still bottlenecking the air. You may have some popping on decel but that isn't abnormal either. I run slip ons on both my Vulcan 2000 motorcycle and my Canam outty400 max with no problems

·
Registered
111 Posts
should not be problem with slip on , and after a couple of runs the computer should have it worked out. go to youtube and look for rodeo1st you can listen to the muffler i use.
it is a hot seat.
good luck

·
Registered
186 Posts
I put on a Big Gun, for the money (189.00 free shipping) I don't think I could have asked for more. It is loud but the quite core and spark arrester cut the sound in half. Have had countless compliments about the sound, only down fall is that I will have to at some point repack it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts