Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a chance to test ride a 09 XP 850 with power steering today. This machine has a great ride and the power smooth but strong. The power steering was wild, no effort with 4x4 engaged on pavment. This is a totaly different feel from my stone aged 2004 Kodiak 450 w/solid axle rear.

One thing that I don't like are some of the electric conections. One was above the front diff. A machine at this price point should have better quality wiring/conectors. Not sure if will be a weak point in the future with dirt, water, etc.

The dealer didn't know of any changes for 2010, but i did see that the rear sway bar is reversed. I think someone here said the 2010 will only have brakes on one side in rear. (the 2010 on floor was a 550)

Thats a lot of money, but compaired to the competition it seams like a no brainer.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yes they are impressive machines! Welcome to the site

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought mine a month ago, and it blows away anything any of my ATV buddies has for sure. If your thinking of buying one make sure you search dealer websites in your area for any deals or promotions. I found a major difference in the asking MSRP prices and willingness to negotiate, and the lowest price I got from any of my local dealers was $8499. I got mine for $7299 by driving a couple of hours across the state. $1200 vs. 1 tank of gas was worth it in my case. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stopped at a different dealer today, they have an used 09 550 XP w/ eps. The unit was a pre-production machine that was passed between dealers before the XP was avaliable for sale. It has 700 miles and has been fully serviced by the dealer. They are asking $5,899.00 plus tax. It looks good not all scratched up. Color= Black - No Warranty - Don't think the dealer will even kick in a 30 day.

Any thoughts - good deal or not?? I would rather have the 850 but this machine would be less painful on the wallet

·
Registered
650 Posts
Stopped at a different dealer today, they have an used 09 550 XP w/ eps. The unit was a pre-production machine that was passed between dealers before the XP was avaliable for sale. It has 700 miles and has been fully serviced by the dealer. They are asking $5,899.00 plus tax. It looks good not all scratched up. Color= Black - No Warranty - Don't think the dealer will even kick in a 30 day.

Any thoughts - good deal or not?? I would rather have the 850 but this machine would be less painful on the wallet
Offer them about 4 to 500 buck's less and I bet they'll take it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You can find the 09 550 eps new for around $6600

·
Registered
10 Posts
Badge20 where over the border did you get yours from?
I actually bought it in Michigan at a place called Leaders Marine in Kalamazoo. It's about a 2 hour drive from just outside Detroit where I live. They had the lowest advertised MSRP on the 850 XP that I found within a 250 mile search radius, and the guys I dealt with were very helpful and friendly. I searched through www.atvtraderonline.com and found that they advertise some prices lower than on their own website.
Cheers :beerchug:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Wow that is cheap! I am a little concerned that this machine is a pre-production XP550 that was passed around to dealers before XP's were avaliable to the public. Probaly wouldn't have any problems but if I would there is no warranty. (24 - 48 hour would be nice)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought mine a month ago, and it blows away anything any of my ATV buddies has for sure. If your thinking of buying one make sure you search dealer websites in your area for any deals or promotions. I found a major difference in the asking MSRP prices and willingness to negotiate, and the lowest price I got from any of my local dealers was $8499. I got mine for $7299 by driving a couple of hours across the state. $1200 vs. 1 tank of gas was worth it in my case. Good luck.

With EPS?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts