1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Exhaust leak?

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
If your wheel bearings have play in them it may be time to replace them. If you don't already own a bearing greaser it would be a good investment.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cant tell but really quiet untill i open her up on a dirt road quiet at around 35 or 40 anything above sounds like a squeeling like a wheel bearing not sure but did lube job all over on frame and the drive shafts but still squeels at like 3/4 throttle so next objective is try grease the wheel bearings ohh and did total fluid changes on machine all Polaris fluids for now

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
have no idea Polman only had it mayby 3 months and bought it used with 200 miles on it from a dealer so not sure when belts or clutch was serviced but was told bye seller had a new belt put on it when i picked it up and it was already broken in correctly bye previous owner of machine

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
exhaust great on it Phil and Bp405 bearings nice and tight as i moved tires looking for play to me sounds like a squeeling wheel bearing so i ordered greasers for it a 35mm and a 40mm and a 44 mm

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just weird at say under 40 sounds perfect go 3/4 throtte and you get a pretty loud squeel like a dry wheel bearing

·
9,802 Posts
What model year machine you have? The OEM belt on my new 2018 1k squealed from the time I bought it. It was more noticeable to me at lower speeds though. At the regularly scheduled 1000 mile/100 hour clutch service I cleaned and inspected the clutches and installed a new Gates belt and no more squeal.
Having said that, I also noticed that the gearcases on these new machines are just naturally a little noisy compared to most other machines. I worried about it at first but it seems to have quieted some with a few miles (I've got around 1600 on it now) or I've just got used to it and don't notice anymore. If you inspected the oil when you changed it and didn't find anything unusual I'd guess the belt is the source of your noise.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts