Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bumpers is everyone running? I like the look of the polaris ones, but would like something a little Cheeper if possible.. What is everyone running? And post a picture or link of it if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Not sure you can find cheaper. you can find stronger, but cheaper, not likely. Guru or Viking bumpers are basically the same thing. Bison bumpers are also available.

·
Registered
39 Posts
the guru is a great looking and strong bumper, but I liked the way the moose looked better so that's what I went with and I like it a lot. ill get pics later

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well I have a 2013 xp850 which is the blue one and they are Polaris factory bumpers front and back which are great, I also have a 20104 850xp with factory bumpers which are different then the 13's but better in my eyes which is still great. Cheaper is not always better.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Have factory and I think they were the cheapest option. The are good but some higher priced ones might offer even more protection. I like the polaris ones.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Sorry forgot the pictures lol

Attachments

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Guru are worth the extra money IMO. I bought superatv ones for my 500 trying to save money and the front one all but fell apart. They were also tougher to install and the hardware broke during installation (cheap bolts).

I could hang my 850 from a tree with the guru, very solid but you do pay for the quality.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ this, ive run over a stump (on accident) and nailed the lower bumper support for my Guru. it bent the mounting arm, but the machine went up and over the stump instead of wiping out the control arm.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the guru and polaris ones, can't decide between the 2. I only want a front one for now.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ if you can wait, go Guru. has 2 more mounting points than the Polaris, and IMO looks better

·
Premium Member
7,416 Posts
I have th GURU ' S and they are nice looking and built the way things should be built. Just a fyi there is a waiting period for them to be built. Imo they are worth every penny and minute it takes.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
AS an idea as to how strong they are. i hit that stump at a decent rate of speed, i ended up off the quad, lying in the dirt. here is what happened to the bumper, yes its bent, but it saved my control arm and most likely my front section of the frame. you can see the right side sits higher than the left...

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
x3 on the gurus. Perfect fit, and tough as nails. Welds are better than any on the Polaris itself.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I'm gonna go with the Guru. Anyone else want to post a pic of their quad with the guru bumper on it?

·
Registered
118 Posts

Guru with light tabs built right in.. Awesome guy to deal with. Even sent me a free shirt due to a mix up which cause a small delay in shipping.
I hit my wife's popo with my grizzly as I tried squeezing by in a trail.. Peeled a strip right off my Quadrax rear box ( I was on an extreme angle going past.) bumper is not marked at all.

2009 Grizzly 700 EPS. 27" BD XTR's/ Stock SE wheels. Hunterworks Machined Sheave /0.5mm shim,18g rollers, stock secondary. El-cheapo 12" 72watt LED bar.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Guru with light tabs built right in.. Awesome guy to deal with. Even sent me a free shirt due to a mix up which cause a small delay in shipping.
I hit my wife's popo with my grizzly as I tried squeezing by in a trail.. Peeled a strip right off my Quadrax rear box ( I was on an extreme angle going past.) bumper is not marked at all.

2009 Grizzly 700 EPS. 27" BD XTR's/ Stock SE wheels. Hunterworks Machined Sheave /0.5mm shim,18g rollers, stock secondary. El-cheapo 12" 72watt LED bar.

Love that look! How are those lights? I was also looking at mounting a light bar, or the rigid industries duallys or one of their lights. Looks good!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Lights are super bright. They are 6" 18 watt led bars is bought from DHGate.. It's like eBay in China. The seller was JGL lighting. Great seller and shipped in about 2 weeks to Canada.
I bought 6 lights total for $157 shipping was free.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lights are super bright. They are 6" 18 watt led bars is bought from DHGate.. It's like eBay in China. The seller was JGL lighting. Great seller and shipped in about 2 weeks to Canada.

Nice thats sounds good, question for you, if you're near your quad, what's the distance between the two vertical bars? The ones that your lights sit In between. I wanna see how big of a light bar I can fit in there.

If you could get that distance and let me know, that would be awesome. If not,, no worries

Thanks

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

Nice thats sounds good, question for you, if you're near your quad, what's the distance between the two vertical bars? The ones that your lights sit In between. I wanna see how big of a light bar I can fit in there.

If you could get that distance and let me know, that would be awesome. If not,, no worries

Thanks
I measured mine before and i was going to buy a 14" light bar. its close to 16" wide between the vertical bars if i remember correctly. I didnt think ti have tabs added for light bar install. i would buy your light first and send the dimensions to John so he can make it perfect for what you want.

Here is mine, i ordered it with the expanded metal over the headlights and rad. opening. it does not affect light output. Also be sure to let him know of any plow setup you may have or will be purchasing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts