Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At low speeds I'm getting a squeak in the front right wheel area. Like when I go probably less than 15mph you can hear it. Not really loud but annoying. I've read it could be the suspension but I've coated it with wd and everything and it still squeaks a bit. Doesn't do it braking no grinding or anything like that. I'm just looking for opinions. Could it be a wheel bearing or something? Goes away when I get into it but when putting its like every rotation it squeaks a bit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
118 Posts
My 2012 does this exact same thing. Kinda gets annoying. I actually made a video of mine doing it and I will post it later tonight so we can compare the sounds.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes please do. I mean it's something I could live with if I have to but it seems like it should be something so simple to fix. I just need answers ha

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes please do. I mean it's something I could live with if I have to but it seems like it should be something so simple to fix. I just need answers ha

Any updates on this topic?? My 2014 850 Touring is doing the same thing and I greased everything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
didnt jack it up, but squeaks by just pushing it back in forth. I'll have to try and jack it up a see. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
193 Posts
My buddies sportsman 500 had a wheel squeak here to find out it was a slightly bent rim rubbing the Break caliber.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Grease the a arm bushings.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Could be a wheel bearing getting some play in it and allowing the rotor to rub against the brake pads. Sounds like a brake issue. Check wheel bearings, take pads off and rough them up on sand paper and also sand both sides of rotor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2012 850 has the exact same squeak. Wheel seems tight. Hoping to get some insight before I go into troubleshooting. Any news?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i found a chunk of crud stuck to my rotor. cleaned it off and was ok for a while and came back again after plow season. will take them off again and check again. didnt get much use this last winter for sure in IOWA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts