Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your reading this then you probably already know of the "oil in the airbox" issue on the XP models. It is pretty easy to find topics on the subject however at least in my search there hasn't been any solutions from Polaris on this issue.
So last week I decided I'd try the advise from a fellow poster on here by the name of "cvjoint" great advise/post by the way cvjoint if you read this. After I took the pcv apart I quickly discovered that the lower o-ring on the assy. was not resting on center, which resulted in the unequal pressure resting on the o-ring there by allowing oil to pass up to the airbox. The o-ring had a detent on it and I knew it was not salvageable so I call and ordered a new one from my dealer
A few days later I get a phone call saying my parts are in and that he also ordered me a kit that was just released by Polaris. Not having a clue what this was as I haven't heard anyone on the forums talk about it I was very interested. From what I understand the below kit is very newly released, I could be wrong but I know I couldn't locate it in the Polaris Parts directory.
Below is the pictures of the kit and a few during the installation. By posting it I hope that others may not be to intimidated by installing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
i just got mine back today from the dealer, they did the same thing, they put all 2012 parts on mine, also mine was out of warranty and they didnt charge me so I hope they didnt charge you either for all the parts.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Polaris started issuing the kit late last year. My dealer tried to get one in Dec but they were back-ordered until Jan. It also cured the problem for me.

Action

·
Registered
225 Posts
Is there a part number on the package for the kit.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i got my kit today. the instructions do not say anything about replacing the plate. is the valve cover gsk re-usable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the valve cover gasket is reusable it seems to be made of a good quality rubber,the plate is the key fix to the whole problem, I think anyway.
2 rides now and the air box is still dry.

·
Registered
181 Posts
just be carefull & you can re-use it. the silicone comes of the old one. i just did not want to be waiting a week for a valve cover gsk.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I noticed oil in my air box today, after riding it yesterday. I will call my dealer to see what they say about it, I'm out of the warranty period though.

·
Registered
854 Posts
good posts Chad, keep em comming. Thanks for the invoice too Action.

·
Registered
854 Posts
The p/n 'looks' like 2204755 for $60.84 if anyone can confirm this.

thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my kit today from my dealer free of charge however the person that packed it at the factory forgot to include the new hose..bummer! Looks like back to the dealership tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Interesting, I have talked to 3 dealers and they didnt know any thing about this kit, I re-used the original valve but am going to order the hose and replace it with the new cover, the original seems to be working fine, rode the hell out of it last week and no oil in box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your reading this then you probably already know of the "oil in the airbox" issue on the XP models. It is pretty easy to find topics on the subject however at least in my search there hasn't been any solutions from Polaris on this issue.
So last week I decided I'd try the advise from a fellow poster on here by the name of "cvjoint" great advise/post by the way cvjoint if you read this. After I took the pcv apart I quickly discovered that the lower o-ring on the assy. was not resting on center, which resulted in the unequal pressure resting on the o-ring there by allowing oil to pass up to the airbox. The o-ring had a detent on it and I knew it was not salvageable so I call and ordered a new one from my dealer
A few days later I get a phone call saying my parts are in and that he also ordered me a kit that was just released by Polaris. Not having a clue what this was as I haven't heard anyone on the forums talk about it I was very interested. From what I understand the below kit is very newly released, I could be wrong but I know I couldn't locate it in the Polaris Parts directory.
Below is the pictures of the kit and a few during the installation. By posting it I hope that others may not be to intimidated by installing it.
I own a 2010 XP.
At last this spring Polaris via the dealer corrected the oil in the air box issue. I'm thinking that Polaris was in error in not allowing the dealer to correct this sooner.
However, The shop mech. was very professional but the sales wanker made all attempts to put the fault on me for several years.
Now that the air filter is no longer covered with oil the machine runs correctly and not like the choke is shutting off the air. Mater of factly it gets with it!
Dalton clutch, 28" tires, and heavy springs are the only changes I've made that would affect the ride.
Get's a bit squirrely at about 60 MPH. But this would have to be the tires and not the machine. Could NEVER by the old fart that runs the throttle!

·
Registered
2 Posts
850 breather/oil coming out of vent in the headlight

i just got mine back today from the dealer, they did the same thing, they put all 2012 parts on mine, also mine was out of warranty and they didnt charge me so I hope they didnt charge you either for all the parts.
What's up guys! New to the forum. Just had issues with my 2011 850 with oil coming out of my headlight!!! Got alot of info from you guys!! Needless to say I wasn't lucky and it blew the seal out behind the flywheel...got the bike all ripped down waitin for parts. If anyone has this issue ima take some pics and video. I had to take the tranny out to fix it wasn't to bad a job. As far as polaris and half the dealers they sucked!!!! None of them could do anything for me said they never heard of this issue??? So if anyone on here needs help on it give me a holla ill help as much as I can!!

·
Registered
964 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Spoke with dealer the update kit they told me is $55.00. So far no oil in my air box 2011 850xp.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 24 Posts