Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just got back from two weeks vacation and was looking forward to see my new 850xp for the first time, my buddy picked it up for me from a dealer going out of business. Have bought lots of toys from them over the years but the economy hit them hard. Anyway, the thing won't go over 35 mph, yes i'm in high range. Stalls until warm. Not my first rodeo, i have an 02 500 carb, and 07 500 efi, neither has given any trouble. Checked aircleaner, belt tension, throttle cable adjustment. Anyone else experiencing this? Bad tps, ecu....?

·
Registered
964 Posts
As I recall...an ecu flash has been issued from Polaris...and that might cure the problem. Also...I would check the spark plugs. YES...I realize it is a new machine, but the 850XP does have an issue fouling the plugs if the machine is started and turned off before it fully warms. Which is part of the flash issued. Who knows how many times your 850XP was started and turned off while at the dealer?:confused:

Also...time to find a NEW dealer for service. ;)

Good luck...and do post back with a fix. I plan on purchasing a '09 850XP coming up in April or May when the weather starts getting nice again.

biz
:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts