Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somonetell me how the rear brakes are set up on an 88-90 250 railboss. Is the rear hydraulic or manual. Is the front eperate from the rear bakes. My rear pedal and set up is gone and I cannot find out what to look for. Right now the front brake handel is the only stoppig I have on it. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
your rear brake is a clutch brake that stops the motor which in turn stops the back tires. You should have a pedal for manually stopping the back tires and a hydraulic line coming from the brake handle which controls both front and back at the same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rear brake on my 90 TB 250 is on the transmission. It is hydraulic and connected with the front brakes, going back to the master cylinder. There is also a manual brake at your right foot for the transmission brake.
There is a 4-way block under the handle bars where the lines split. Disconnect the line running to the back on the block and at the caliper and see if you can blow air through it. If not, replace the line or try to clear out the blockage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts