Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a radial reptile 9 inch front tire will fit a stock sportsman 500 with out spacers?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Short answer no it will not. It will hit tie rod end. You will either need aftermarket wheels that are 4+3 offset. Stock wheels are 5+2 offset so a 1"
wheel spacer would be required

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Here is what it would look like B&D..... I can't believe how exposed that radiator is! Glad I have my bumper! I'm sure you are too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Clinebo is the patriarch of the early models so he would know. If all else fails Clinebo it!

·
Registered
257 Posts
So on the older model sportsmans are you able to run 9" wide front tires on stock wheels with no modifications. I thought they were the same as my 2011 so that's why I gave the advice I did but maybe I was wrong. If I gave false information I am truly sorry for that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
So on the older model sportsmans are you able to run 9" wide front tires on stock wheels with no modifications. I thought they were the same as my 2011 so that's why I gave the advice I did but maybe I was wrong. If I gave false information I am truly sorry for that.
I tried oem 9" on my 2006 500 efi and they hit the tie rod. Not by much, but they rubbed

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The quad in the photo has aftermarket wheels. You can't tell because it's a head on pic. But those are the tires he was asking about.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My brother needs new tires and reptiles dont have 26 inch tire with 8 inch wide, so we will probably get spacers. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Flip the tie rod ends to the underside and they will fit in the newer models. Does this not work on the older as well?

·
Registered
275 Posts
My brother needs new tires and reptiles dont have 26 inch tire with 8 inch wide, so we will probably get spacers. Thanks for the replies.

Be sure to check for aftermarket wheels. I found some wheels that were cheaper than spacers last summer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
tire clearance

What is the cut line for the old model verses the newer models(mentioned above)? I have an 07 Sportsman 700 EFI and looking to pick up new tires. My stock tires are 26x8. The new front tires are 26x9. Will swapping the tire rod end provide the needed clearance? I am really not looking to change the wheels if I can help it.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tire fit perfect about 1/4 inch of room left.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please give specifics of what worked. What size and brand tires. What wheels do you have and did you use spacers at all?
2004 Polaris Sportsman 500ho, factory rims. 26x9-12 (front) 26x11-12 (back) Radial Reptiles, I did not need spacers theres about a 1/4 inch room left.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
That's good info to have! I'm guessing that the actual width must be around 8.5" or so for them to fit?

This is what my 8" wide Spartacus look like on OEM wheels. They measure 8.5" wide:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts