Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting some 26x9"/26x11" Black Diamond XTR's for my 500 Touring. I know the front tires are 9" from the factory. Will the 9" interfere with the struts? I read reviews that stated the Black Diamonds ran small. Ran a search of the site about this with no luck. Will be mounted on factory 12" wheels.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I put 27" Black Diamonds directly on my factory rims without any issues. That is on an XP850.

I ordered rims with my Black Diamonds for my 500HO. Tires and rims for $725 from Tirewhiz.com

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just put this same sizes on my 570, same front steering/suspension set up as your 500. Only difference, I went with new wheels. I can say they do run smaller, diameter wise. They are definitely wider than stock. I think you will rub on the front tires.

Only remedy is like stated above, wheel spacers or new wheels. I got my tires mounted on STI 12" Beadlocks, aired up ready to ride for $735 delivered from Rocky Mountain ATV

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will look into spacers or tie rod flip mod. I saw Carlisle makes a 8" wide radial too. Maybe take a look at the reviews on those. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You dont want a Carlisle anything. Imho.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I will look into spacers or tie rod flip mod. I saw Carlisle makes a 8" wide radial too. Maybe take a look at the reviews on those. Thanks for the input.
Bewtween the two, Id stick with the STI BD's. Love mine so far.

·
Registered
422 Posts
They ran small diameter wise. They measured approx 25" with 5psi in them. I didn't check the width, but they were physically wider than the stck tires

1 - 10 of 10 Posts