Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Sportsman 90 that boggs out when you hit the gas.
It has the electic choke.
I have replaced the hole carb becauseit is cheaper then buying a new choke system. Still no difference.
I thought maybe it was weak on compression, so I did a ring job put a new valve setup in it. I pulled the wiring harness out if it thinking maybe it was grounding out the electric choke setup but the wiring checks out okey.
It will set there and idle all day but as soon as you hit the gas, fast or slow, it boggs out and stalls.
Ive tryed 3 new plugs fresh gas, all new fuel lines, cleaned tank.
I'm at a loss now. I have more into it then I paid for it, so I would like my son to get some use out of it. Any help is good help Thanks, Ernest

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I think you still have a carb problem. Was the carb new or used? Is the air filter clean? The pipe that comes up from the air filter housing that looks like a exhaust stack on a big truck check it and make sure it's not cloged. Also the battery needs a full charge in order for the choke to work properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
90 sportsman 2

The carb was new, filter is new and the tube is open. I didnt think there was that much to these engines. I am flabborgasted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same problem. overhauled card and all. what is the soleniid on the top of the card??? two electric wires on it??? i have cleaned the carb and it will not accellerate. only goes to 1/2 throttle?? help. i hate to buy a new carb. motordoc

·
Registered
721 Posts
i have the same problem. overhauled card and all. what is the soleniid on the top of the card??? two electric wires on it??? i have cleaned the carb and it will not accellerate. only goes to 1/2 throttle?? help. i hate to buy a new carb. motordoc
The stock carbs have an automatic electronic choke.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have a 02 Sportsman 90 that boggs out when you hit the gas.
It has the electic choke.
I have replaced the hole carb becauseit is cheaper then buying a new choke system. Still no difference.
I thought maybe it was weak on compression, so I did a ring job put a new valve setup in it. I pulled the wiring harness out if it thinking maybe it was grounding out the electric choke setup but the wiring checks out okey.
It will set there and idle all day but as soon as you hit the gas, fast or slow, it boggs out and stalls.
Ive tryed 3 new plugs fresh gas, all new fuel lines, cleaned tank.
I'm at a loss now. I have more into it then I paid for it, so I would like my son to get some use out of it. Any help is good help Thanks, Ernest
You said you replaced the entire carb...did you re-use the old jets? It doesn't take more than a speck of dirt to clog the pilot (or main) jet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
make sure your battery is full charged i had the same problem and put a new battery on it and it fixed it bc the battery was shot hope i helped

1 - 9 of 9 Posts