Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The carburetor seems to be getting plenty of gas and idles fine but once I rev it up it seems to have a throttle delay. when I ride it I can get to about half throttle and then it falls on it face and dies. also has a white ish tint to the exhaust smoke. could it possibly be a weak coil? any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i have pulled the carb apart and cleaned it countless of times. The main jet does not seem to be clogged, i also set the carb to factory settings and still does the same thing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is the choke cable possibly sticking or out of adjustment which is holding the choke applied? There should also be a spring on the carb end of the cable, it was missing on one of my trail bosses which would not allow the choke to return to the unapplied position. It would idle ok but not rev out due to flooding, it smoked a lot as well, I was running premix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks blown, I have found that the problem was my fuel mixture was way to rich. I drained the tank and remixed gas and seems to be running just fine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts