Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
i dont think so, but how you starting it then? i wouldnt pull start it without the starter out because you run the risk of dirt getting sucked into the flywheel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i have pull started it the starter is in the whole i did think of the dirt and dust getting in its just not hooked up and the bendix gear was never there i just bought the machine and am working out all the bugs but the parts guy at JT's told me it had to be there for the charging system to work i didnt think so this would be the first time i ever saw hat but wanted to double check guess he just wanted to make a buck but im not paying 400 plus for something i can do with out

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
yeah i just dont see why it has to be there for the charging system to work. all the bendix does is get throw out to get the flywheel going. once the engine is running the bendix isnt doing anything. the charging system gets it charge from the magnets spinning around the coils in the stator. im sure you could run it without the starter, just want to make sure the hole into the case is sealed up. could be "dirty" salesman....especially if he gets commissions on selling parts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Agree with blueline, charging system is separate and has nothing to do with starter. You will be fine :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts