Polaris ATV Forum banner

91 trail boss no start problems STILL

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  white91TB350L 
#1 ·
Ok so i figured i'd start a new thread for my problems.

The quad ran after I bought it for all of 24 hrs. The pull start rope broke, the electric start didn't work. I've replaced the starter which fixed the electric start problem. I then attempted to replace the pull start rope only to succeed in breaking the recoil spring. Well I'm waiting on a new recoil spring. I then cleaned the carb, and went to reset everything back to factory only not to find anything online about factory carb settings. I got it running w/o the choke (w/choke it would not run) I got it idling and had instant throttle response only for me to rev it up and on its way back down from being revved up it came down like normal and right at idle speed it back fired and died. It has 125 psi of compression and I've pulled the exhaust and intake only to see the piston working like it should. Spark plug is new and has spark so the coil is working. Possibly The only 2 things I think could be the problem is possibly the crank seals or the reverse limiter. I pulled the black wire off the coil and it still has spark but it doesnt run. Is there a way to completely disable it? and I dont understand how blown crank seals would keep the quad from running. I"m almost to the point of pulling the head and replacing the piston/rings and doing a total rebuild on the motor. I don't want to but need to do something to get it running so I can plow my driveway. Worst part about getting the motor rebuilt is that they charge $75 for a bore/hone on top of shipping parts up here. Any help on figuring out why this thing isnt starting would be great.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.