Polaris ATV Forum banner

92 Trailboss 250 problems

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lateburd 
#1 ·
I am very new to the 2 stroke world and need some help. Im going to be very specific about what is happening with the wheeler.

Its a 250
I just cleaned the carb by hand and then let it soak in chem dip for about 2 hours. I have to put the choke on and blow into the vent tube that goes to the bottom of the bowl for it to start. There is fuel that sits in the lip of the carburetor when I blow into it. About 6 pulls later it finally starts and I turn off the choke. revs real high and I have to keep it in the really high rpms to stay running. While I'm reving it, it backfires out of the carburetor and exhaust at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Backfire from the intake usually indicates a lean condition - backfire from the exhaust usually indicates an ignition problem - simplest ignition problem is the spark plug - try a new plug, check the compression and repair the carb (you may have just cleaned it, but it still needs repair)

#3 ·
Well to follow up with what happened. I rebuilt the carb and put a new plug in and nothing changed. Just about to give up and decided to spray down the carb boot with starting fluid and pulled it and it purred like a kitten. Just got a new one in the mail today. Hopefully I'll be back to riding. The carb and plug probably needed to be replaced anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.