Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought my 350 4X2 in for repair on the engine today, (diagnosed as a broken piston skirt last summer). Was told by the mechanic they should check the balancer-water pump shaft first to see if the bearing was OK before boring the engine to repair it. apparently they can't get a replacement bearing without buying a balancer assembly for $500? Anythng to this? Any source for a bearing? Thanks1

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
at least they are being thorough. The problem is not finding a bearing,the problem is they will most likely break the counterbalance gear while trying to replace the bearing,they break that and you will have to spend the $500. for a new one. You could try e-bay for used one but then the one you buy may be worn also.
is this the first time the bottom-end has been apart?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had it for 11 years now and it hasn't been touched since I've owned it. Bought it with around 3300 miles and now it has over 5500.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
4getful2 is right, if you got the bearing #'s off of the bearing and all the dimensions then you could easily find a bearing store that had the right bearing, the trick is getting the counterbalance gear not to break

·
Registered
94 Posts
I sell a complete Polaris 350 400 bottom end rebuild kit on ebay look it up..
Polaris 350 400 bottom end rebuild kit my seller name is dontscamme!!!!
Todd 972 896 1002

1 - 5 of 5 Posts