Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just picked up a '93 Trail Boss 350L 4x4. It needs some minor work; battery, carb cleaned, new fuel lines, brakes, and sprockets/chains.

My question is, are these a decent machine in stock form, or since I am going to be replacing the sprockets and chains anyway, should I consider a different gear ratio than stock?

This machine will be used mostly by friends and family for trail riding other machines in our group are Sportsman 800, Grizzly 660, Sportsman 500 HO, Honda TRX450, and Kawasaki Bayou 300. I am not really worried about top speed as long as it can keep up with the Bayou (mid to upper 40s). What I am most concerned about is it not getting stuck all the time despite having an inexperienced rider aboard. I also do not want fuel economy to suffer too much. I do not want to spend a ton of money on upgrades, clutching and gearing is pretty much my limit.

I see the '92 350L is geared higher, and the 250 4x4 is geared much lower. Obviously with gearing changes come clutching changes but I am fairly well versed is CVT clutch tuning, so that is easy enough for me to do.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would say yesassuming the coolant isnt getting in to your motor yet. That one and the 400 i recently rebuilt will eventually leak coolaant into the counterbalance oil and someday your crankcase. The wheeler it is in is actually a 92 350l. I am very pleased with the combo. But the 350 should have no problem hitting 40 45mph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts