Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just picked up a non-running trailboss 350. When i first looked at it, seemed like the carbs where just mucked up.. not the case now..

So heres what happens:

I can turn the bike over sometimes.. others i get a nice clunk.. pretty sure my electric start is seizing or on its way out as only sometimes the bike will turn over..
Now when it turns over, i can sometimes get it to backfire, or almost maybe run..

ive put a new spark plug in, nice blue spark..

Ive pulled the flywheel cover, but sadly, dont know how to check the timing. There is some oil in the bottom of the case, which leads me to believe its a seal issue.. Would this seal being blown out cause the atv to not start?

The carbs do seem to be putting fuel out to the engine, but still not running. I have tried spraying gas into the engine to get it running, but the quad just keeps turning and turning and turning.. I dont think its electrical as the guy who i bought it off said it was running 3 months ago, then all of a sudden it just didnt want to run. When i was looking at it, it would kinda start, but when you gave it gas, it would die.. now it doesnt do that at all. Is it possible that the timing is out and it causing the back to spark at the wrong time causing it to not start/backfire?

Any thoughts would be super helpful

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts