Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm new to this forum and Polaris machines so have mercy...

I've obtained a 1993 Trialblazer 250. It has an engine noise at idle that sounds similar to the knock or rattle a two stroke makes when it needs a top end. BUT, this sound completely disappears once throttle is applied. These engines shake a ton at idle, so I searched for anything loose. The sound is definitely coming from the engine/clutch cover area. I have a decent background working with two strokes, and this doesn't seem to fit the bad top end criteria. It has good compression, starts easy and runs rides fine. I have yet to obtain a service manual. The guy that had this before ran premixed fuel and did not make any mods to the injection system. This will be attended ASAP. I am wondering if the CVT could be worn or out of adjustment? I am basing this solely on the fact the entire noise is gone any time the RPM's are barely elevated above idle.

I'm open to thoughts...

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update

I pulled the clutch and the buttons were shot. I replaced all the buttons for $6 with Polaris replacements off eBay. The rollers were missing a couple washer spacers, so I replaced them for $3 at the hardware store. Been together now for several hours and functions without noise or banging.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts