Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys im new to the game so have mercy on me. Im a carpenter that can build any house with my eyes closed, but when it comes to engines and such my level of expertise ends with gas and oil. I just bought my first machine a 95 425 4*4 magnum. Only has 840 miles on it. after running it last fall and this winter i noticed that the front allwheel drive would not stay engaged. Checked the hubs and the oil level was down, filled it up and it very slowly dripped out.
So, my question is do i just replace seals or what? Do i need to replace all the bearings, races, dodads and whatchamacallits? Is this even what i need to be doing? Also the coolant level drops every time i run it. The fan does not come on. The top of the radiator smokes slightly but no fluid drips or runs out. Other than that she seams to be very strong. Im lookin forward to start wrenchin on her so please, HELP ME!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruce. Is the way that I posted the best way to get advice, or should I post it differently?
Thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
As far as the awd goes you should be good with just the seals. From your post I am assuming that the awd works fine when full of fluid. So you shouldn't have to replace anything else. I think there are two seals. One on the hub and another for the strut. I have only replaced the hub seal.

I know very little about the engine but I wonder if you need a new radiator cap if you see steam coming from it. If there is pressure it usually will go out the overflow bottle. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts