Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this atv up from a buddy. It ran fine until he decided to rebuild the carb because it starting dying at idle. He lost interest and gave it to me. I started trouble shooting the problems and have ordered the parts. My only problem is I got it in pieces and im having a hard time figuring out how to put the airbox and gastank all back together. Also I'm not familiar with the chain driven drivetrain is it reliable? thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Take care of the chains and they are very reliable. I've got the same machine its a 97 I had it fixed up at the dealer. Great ATV its my wife/ backup/buddy machine.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
gas tank first, front has 2 tabs that go into frame , rear has bolts with white plastic spacers, bolts to frame, airbox should have carb boot attached, inside goes air filter, then metal lid, 2 wingnuts, then airbox cover and another wingnut.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gas tank first, front has 2 tabs that go into frame , rear has bolts with white plastic spacers, bolts to frame, airbox should have carb boot attached, inside goes air filter, then metal lid, 2 wingnuts, then airbox cover and another wingnut.[/QUOTE

Thanks Russ! Do you know how the clutch inlet duct goes in? Ive tried searching but no luck!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good news! got all the issues work out and now were getting fire to the sparkplug. Now im stuck where all the lines go to hook everything back up ill post pics and maybe somebody can help me out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts