Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the last couple months pulling my hair out troubleshooting the carb on my bike and i finally have it running like a champ... well almost. I was going across a creek and couldn't make it in 2 wheel drive so i switched to all wheel drive and it wouldn't engage going forward. I then switched to reverse and the awd worked fine. switched back to high to try going forward and no awd. Then noticed that the awd light by the awd button would light up when i kept pressure on the shifter while it was in high, same thing when i tried it in low. Is there an adjustment on the shifter that would cause this?

·
Registered
211 Posts
i've had this problem before on a customers machine,there is a small adjustment you can do on the shifter rod but you are probably going to have to replace the switch.the switch is located in the shifter housing.also replace the oil in the shifter housing when rebuilding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've had this problem before on a customers machine,there is a small adjustment you can do on the shifter rod but you are probably going to have to replace the switch.the switch is located in the shifter housing.also replace the oil in the shifter housing when rebuilding.
What type of oil do you recommended for the shifter housing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, found a manual online. Looks like Polaris 0W40 oil and fill to middle of box. I will pull apart the shifter housing and see if it can be adjusted. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts