Polaris ATV Forum banner

95 scrambler gearcase and drive clutch

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  jt2298 
#1 ·
Hey guys can anyone tell me how to get the drive clutch off the engine shaft? I took the center bolt out but it won't budge. Am I missing something?

And I'm trying to take the gearbox out and I'm pretty sure I have all the bolts out but it won't even move. It almost looks like the 2 swing arm bolts are holding it on but wouldn't that mean I have to drop the swing arm to get it out?

#2 ·
probably need a clutch puller for the drive clutch. can't help you with the rest, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had to drop the swing arm to get it out.

#5 ·
you can also just fill the clutch with water and put some allthread in the clutch. THe water wont compress so you don't need to worry about the smooth end of the clutch puller and the all thread will back the clutch off. two nuts snugged up to eachother on the other end of the allthread will allow you to tighten it in.

apparently you can tighten it down, and just leave it and it will come off when you're not even there. THis from posts on here, Not from personal experience.

#9 ·
Yes, tilt the quad over on its side fill the hole and use the all thread (3/4" fine thread). It will also help to use some teflon tape on your bolt.

#11 ·
What did the parts house say about the case?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.