Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just picked up my first quad, a 95 Sportsman 400 4x4. I've worked on mostly Honda and Yamaha, but this one seemed nice. Anyway, I had no idea the bike was 2 stroke till I got home. I noticed the oil fill cap on the front nose, and when I looked up 95 Sportsman 400s everyone says they are 2 stroke. This machine is sooo much quieter than Blasters, I can't believe it.

I would like to know whats a good oil to put in the oil injector? I'd prefer to buy locally (either autozone or advance auto parts). I know there's many opinions on what's best, I just want to make sure the oil I get is what Polaris specs for this application. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I looked through a service manual, but it was rather vague.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 97 Sportsman 400 that I recently purchased. I know the previous owner used the oil injection system instead of premixing the fuel/oil. I was wondering what oil for the injection that people recommend as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: I went with the Lucas 2 Cycle oil that O'rielly Auto carries. I noticed it ran a whole lot better and didn't smoke no where near as much. Ive ran almost a whole tank of gas thru it and I have to say that's what I will be using from now on. $8.99 a quart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts